Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Make-up

I haven’t gushed about my make-up lately, so I feel like I’m due. :)

I think by now, most of the make-up I wear is mineral make-up. Now that I know what is in most of the crap that you can buy at Wal-Mart, I just can’t see putting that mess on my face.

Anyway, I’ve switched to Everyday Minerals, who have great, great products- lots of colors and four foundation formulas so it works for all skin types. They are also cheap and they always have great specials. I was almost out of foundation, so I placed an order for the six piece custom kit. It was $32 and I got to pick six products that I wanted. It isn’t like the kits where you have to pick two foundations, one blush, one finishing powder and two brushes whether you need them or not. Ironically enough, I did order two foundations, one blush and one finishing powder- but I only ordered one brush and got a container of Pick Me Up Pink Concealer. The brush I got was the Premium Flat Top Brush. I firmly believe that if everyone who tried mineral make-up used this brush, everyone would switch immediately. It is as soft as anything I’ve ever felt on my face and it applies the foundation evenly. I absolutely love it! I also love my new blush.

I may be in the minority, but I can remember my first make-up. My first blush was from Cover Girl and it was called Natural Glow. My new blush from EM is called Natural and it looks a lot like my first blush. It’s very light with a subtle shimmer. I used it as an eyeshadow base yesterday and it worked great.

I also ordered the Green Tea Everywear cream that is doing a number on my scaly elbows. With all of that- I got a free bonus gift. I love free stuff! I got three brushes and two full sized eyeshadows. Gingerbread Man is pretty but it looks almost just like Comfy. Tinsel Time is gorgeous! It’s an antique gold with a greenish tint. I use it as a lid color with In the Garden in the crease. All of that cost me $38, including shipping.

1 comments:

alex said...

I noticed that you are a fan of makeup and American Idol. My mom is a sick fan of QVC, the home shopping channel, I'm sure you've heard of it. Anyways, she was going nuts because the make-up artist of American Idol is coming out with her own make up line. Her name is Mezhgan and it's named after her, my mom ordered it, and I have to say the packaging is pretty sweet. Not that it's why I'm going to wear it probably, but it says it dermatological tested and she said she used it on all the contestants last season while it was in production.